Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lasagna update!

hello there!

The home made lasagna was an absolute hit!!
Although the pasta making process is a long one it is so gratifying to know that you've created a whole meal entirely from scratch.
I always under estimate the amount of béchamel sauce required so I made heaps today and it really helped the dish out.
I also topped the dish with tasty AND parmesan cheese for a little extra flavour which definitely paid off.

Dessert was chocolate fondants with vanilla bean icecream and whilst they were delicious they were terribly rich. The recipe recommended 70% cocoa chocolate which I used however I think I may need to try a 50% chocolate to make it a little less rich.
The icecream was also quite decadent so perhaps a softer flavour would have accompanied it better. I also drizzled over a little bit of dairy milk chocolate which did soften the flavour but perhaps I should also include some strawberries or raspberries next time.

All in all the guests were happy with the meal and left feeling a wee bit plumper which isn't always a bad thing!

I'm looking forward to trying the fondants again (once I've worked off the one I ate tonight!) and seeing if I can improve the flavour.

My next endeavour will be a recipe from Julia Child's cookbook or perhaps something from Margaret Fulton.

I'll keep you posted!!

til then.

a.

No comments:

Post a Comment